What sort of relevance does this teaching have for other worldviews?
Please address each question below with complete sentences and clear, specific explanation. The total word count (including all questions and your answers) should be between 750-1,250 words.
- Select one teaching of Jesus from one of the following Bible verses (underline passage): Matthew 5:21-24, Matthew 5:43-48, Matthew 6:19-24, Matthew 7:15-23, Luke 15:1-32, John 13:1-17, 34-35, John 15:1-11. Answer the following questions:
- What was Jesus’ point in the teaching?
- What sort of relevance does this teaching have for other worldviews?
- What does this teaching reveal about Jesus?
- Identify at least one claim that Jesus made about His nature and/or the purpose of His ministry (such as in Mark 2:1-12, Matt 9:9-13, Luke 7:18-23, John 5:16-18, John 10:25-38, or John 14:5-11). Underline the passage chosen. What is the significance of this claim?
- How would you personally answer Jesus’ question, “But who do you say that I am?” Describe your own beliefs about Jesus.