Purpose of Assignment:
Identifying abnormal findings and treatment options for electrolyte imbalances is an expected function of a healthcare team.
- Determine the cellular functions required to regulate homeostasis.
Select an electrolyte from the list below.
In the table below, include the following information for the electrolyte you selected.
- Normal range of the lab value
- Causes of excess (hyper) and deficiency (hypo)
- Signs and symptoms of excess (hyper) and deficiency (hypo)
- Treatment options for excess (hyper) and deficiency (hypo)
Use at least one scholarly source to support your findings. Examples of scholarly sources include academic journals, textbooks, reference texts, and CINAHL nursing guides. Be sure to cite your sources in-text and on a References page using APA format.