RELS 3345 WORLD RELIGIONS
DISCUSSION BOARD EXERCISE – MODULE NINE
1. Read Chapter Five “Buddhism” in Invitations to World Religions, Jeffrey Brodd, et al, Second Edition, Oxford University Press, 2016.
2. Choose from one the two questions/exercises found below
3. Your DBE responses should be a minimum of 600 words each and must be accurate and detailed, on topic, thoughtful, and advance the discussion. Remember to proof your work; all postings should be written in college-level English. This means that your writing must be grammatically correct (spelling, punctuation, capitalization and correct sentence structure) and citations must be formatted appropriately and include a bibliography.
4. All claims, assertions, opinions, and conclusions are required to be supported by relevant research. Students may use either Turabian or MLA style for their responses and for citing. A properly prepared and grammatically correct response is worth up to 25 total points.
5. Remember that there are two parts to each week’s assignments: the DBE Assignment Response and the DBC Assignment Response. Each response must be posted on or before the due date and time to receive full credit. No late responses are accepted except for medical emergencies. If you know you are not going to be able to meet the submission deadline, please inform the instructor, otherwise you will receive a zero for the assignment.
MOD9 DISCUSSION BOARD EXERCISE QUESTIONS
1. Write an essay which describes and compares the essential features of Theravada, Mahayana, and Vajrayana Buddhism.
2. Write an essay which discusses the place of Buddhism in the world today. Discuss in some depth if you think it will become a more popular religion in the future and why you believe it will or will not.
Remember to cite your sources. Otherwise it’s considered plagiarism