Unit Exercise 4
Chapter 25 Reading Assignment Questions
Answer the following questions as you review/discuss the assigned reading of Chapter 25 of the course textbook.
CHAPTER 25: Communicating Research Results: Report Generation, Oral Presentation, and Follow-Up
1. As a Manager, what degree of formality would you want from your research department? Please ensure to detail what your definition of “degree of formality” is and why it is important to your findings.
2. Detail what your definition is of the following:
a. Basic Business Research Paper:
b. Applied Research Report:
c. Explain which research process you would use most and the reasons for your choice:
3. Explain all the differences (from an end-users perspective) of a Pie Chart and a Bar Chart. Additionally, detail which one you would most likely use and why.
4. Detail what you view are the key things to include as it relates to preparing a PowerPoint Presentation. Ensure to include as many ideas as possible and the reasons for your reasons.
5. A researcher working for Hi Time prepares a bar chart comparing the number of customers visiting two competing booths at a fashion trade show. One booth is the Hi Time booth, and the other is for a competing company, So Cool. First, the chart is prepared as shown here:
In preparing for a presentation to the Hi Time Board, the client tells the researcher that the chart does not seem to reflect the improvements made since 2006. Therefore, the researcher prepares the chart as shown here:
Answer the following questions with detailed explanations and be prepared to defend your responses.
a) What has reformatting the bar chart Accomplished?
b) Was it ethical for the client to ask for the bar chart to be re-worked?
c) Would it be ethical for the researcher to use the new chart in their presentation?