Final Written ProjectIn 2014, business and management professionals are concerned with the conflict that takes place in their organizations and its destructive potential – even though conflict can be positive and useful in some situations. There are numerous conflict issues in today’s global workplace, especially with the current international economic situation. As a new business and/or HR Director, you have decided to start a new professional development and learning program for employees. You will be presenting different topics during noon lectures on issues that are relevant to your company or organization.
For the first lecture, you should select one of these topics and prepare a written report that will be distributed to everyone (25%).
Select any one of these topics for your Current Issues Report (CIR):
- Conflict management system design (also known as resolution system design) – approaches to the design of complaint-handling (grievance) systems that emphasize interest-based over rights-based dispute resolution.
- Managing conflict in healthcare organizations – the impact and forms of conflict in hospitals and other health care institutions.
- Conflict and disability management – management of conflicts that arise from employee disabilities and reasonable accommodation disputes.
- Conflict and its resolution in the construction industry – the impact of conflict and the role of mediation and other forms of dispute resolution among owners, contractors, subcontractors, architects, suppliers, lenders, insurance carriers, and bonding companies.
- Conflict and its resolution in the religious organizations – conflict within congregations and within church hierarchy.
- Conflict and its resolution in the real estate industry – the impact of conflict and methods of resolution of disputes among buyers, sellers, and agents.
- Conflict and its resolution in government organizations – the forms of conflict and methods of resolution in government organizations. Government organizations include DOD, military, and federal and state government.
- Conflict and its resolution in the financial industry – the forms of conflict and methods of resolution in financial organizations – the impact of conflict and methods of resolution of disputes among all parties.
- Other Conflict Issues – could be as applied to a particular situation, concern, or issue. (Ask permissions first)
- Conflict and its resolution in “my” particular company/industry – the forms and impact of conflict between managers and employees and among employees. Think about an organization with which you are currently associated. This company or organization can be the place where you work or any other organization such as a team, club, volunteer organization, etc. It must be an organization in which your involvement is significant enough to enable you to address the issu