Describe how Habits 1, 2, and 3 work together to produce a “Private Victory”—that is, a victory over self. Consider these questions: Why do the Habits have a particular sequence? Why must Habit 1 precede Habit 2? Why must Habit 2 precede Habit 3?
2. Evaluate this statement: “If you want small changes, work on your behavior; if you want quantum-leap changes, work on your paradigms.”
3. How does a principle differ from a value? Define and give examples of each, and show how they are different.
4. In terms of this course, what does it mean to lead a principle-centered life?
5. Select one of Habits 1–3 and describe the underlying paradigms of that Habit. Evaluate those paradigms in terms of the behaviors and results that naturally flow from those paradigms.
6. Choose a person—a public figure, a historical figure, a character in fiction or film, or a personal acquaintance—who in your opinion is a good example of the Private Victory Habits 1–3. Based on what you know about the person, explain with examples and evidence why you think this person is such an example.
7. Describe how you have applied one of Habits 1–3 in your life and how it has affected you. Reflect on your feelings. Analyze your successes and struggles in applying this Habit.