What role do these have on the way the business operates?
Think about your current or former place of employment or a business where you would like to work.
Business Focus: Department of Social Services (Guardian ad Lietem)
Guardian ad Litem: Around the state of South Carolina, diverse and dedicated child advocates proudly proclaim, “I am for the child.” Caring individuals from a range of backgrounds lend their voices to speak up for the state’s most vulnerable children and commit their time to ensure each child they serve has a promising future. These volunteers are called Guardians ad Litem.
The Cass Elias McCarter Guardian ad Litem program recruits, trains and supervises volunteers who advocate for abused/neglected children in South Carolina. GAL volunteers get to know the child and everyone involved in the child’s life, including family, teachers, doctors, social workers and others. They gather information about the child and what the child needs. Their recommendations to the court help the judge make an informed decision about a child’s future. GAL volunteers provide a stable presence in a child’s life, remaining on each case until the child finds a safe, permanent home.
Write a 350- to 700-word paper in which you address the following:
- What is the company’s mission statement?
- What is the company’s vision statement?
- What role do these have on the way the business operates? Do the company’s actions seem to align to their vision and mission statements?
- How might the mission and vision of the organization affect or guide you as an employee or manager in the company?
- If the company does not have a mission or vision statement, what might be the effect of that?