Graded assignment 1: Individual essay, 2200 words
Topic 2: Fostering innovation in organisations
Using contemporary examples of business practice from your own research, together with analytical models, conceptual frames and management theory from at least three of the main topics covered in the module discuss:
• Why innovation is important in today’s competitive business environment.
• Specific examples of innovation bringing change and success to organisations.
• What organisations can do to manage innovation and change effectively?
To discuss your chosen topic you are required to research examples from contemporary business practice and make connections between analytical frameworks, MODELS and THEORIES that were covered in this module.
-Extensive Research is necessary
-Models , analytical frameworks and theories must be implemented correctly
-Innovation is specifically the topic, information from the three articles uploaded must be used in the essay (compulsory)
The examples you use need to be the result of your own research and based on academic, practitioner, policy and news sources published in print or
A good assignment will explore a small number of examples in depth, comparing and contrasting different sources, ideas and arguments on the issue you are exploring. A good assignment will also demonstrate wider reading that goes beyond reading material issued for this module and contain a justification of the data sources and research methods used. Simply
presenting material from your search, without explaining why you believe it is relevant and how it helps to illustrate theoretical content covered in the module, is unlikely to contribute to a good grade.
In particular we expect that:
• The title for the assignment sets out the topic you are writing on.
• The assignment has a clear structure with headings and sub-headings.
• You refer to 15 – 25 different sources published online or in print.
• Your referencing style conforms to the Harvard Referencing guidelines published by CASE.
• There is a reference list at the end of your essay (this is excluded from the word count).
• You explicitly draw on three of the six main topics that were covered in this module
(globalisation, organisational culture, innovation and change, diversity, ethics and leadership).
-theories that can be used, ‘disruptive innovation, open innovation, First mover advantages’
-frameworks that can be used ‘strategic drift’ etc
-you can use more according to what you research but these are just some to mention
-info from three articles must be used