What problems the electronic system would resolve including the storage of information, filing issues, and reproduction issues;
IT 380 Final Project
Develop a Rationale for the Implementation of an Electronic Document or Record Management System
In the first part of your project report, provide a profile for the organization (which you have done in the project proposal).
In the second part of your project report, prepare a business case which includes a rationale for why an electronic document and records management system would benefit the organization. You may use any of the EDRM software listed in Assignment 2 (or any other software that you can obtain legal rights to use) as a sample system when discussing the following questions. Include in your rationale for the project the following pieces of information:
- Business opportunity describing the motivation for the project including a definition, a statement of scope, and a discussion of objectives that the project will help the organization achieve.
- What problems the electronic system would resolve including the storage of information, filing issues, and reproduction issues;
- Discuss Document Conversion Strategy
- How records would be uniquely identified;
- How the security of the information will be handled;
- How personally identifiable information will be kept private;
- How users will access the system including wireless connections;
- How users will be able to search for records; and
- Benefits and costs of the recommended solution (qualitative and quantitative) You can use projected figures in your benefit-cost analysis.
- Other factors that you feel relevant